ADVTRAINS – realistic trains in Minetest!
by orwell96 and contributors (see below)
For up-to-date information, visit https://advtrains.de/
License of code: GNU AGPL version 3 License of media: CC-BY-SA 3.0
(up to commit 1bb1d8 (2020-02-14), the license has been LGPL 2.1)
To use advtrains, you need to install a mod providing trains. Note that advtrains no longer comes bundled with any trains out of the box. Some selected train mods by the authors of advtrains are:
- Basic trains by orwell96, mbblp et al. The classic selection of trains for advtrains, formerly included in the mod.
- Moretrains by rbduck, with improvements by gpcf and Marnack.
- dlxtrains by Marnack
Further information is available on the wiki.
How to contribute
- Bug tracker
- Discussion and Support mailing list
- Send patches via git-send-email to the dev mailing list
Various features and bugfixes have been contributed by:
Small code contributions:
- Andrey K
- Linus Jahn
- Pedro Gimeno
- Thomas Rudin
- Gravel Texture : from Minetest Game
- Initial rail model/texture : DS-minetest
- Models for signals/bumpers : mbb
- Steam engine / wagon texture: mbb
- Detailed Steam engine : mbb / Krokoschlange(animation)
- Industrial engine/wagons : mbb
- Inventory images : mbb
- Node texture for LuaATC controller: Jeija (from Mesecons)
- Mod Description : hajo
- advtrains_crossing_bell : Codesound
- advtrains_japan_horn : Codesound
- advtrains_steam_whistle : googol
- advtrains_subway_horn : https://freesound.org/people/Mullumbimby/sounds/385283/
- advtrains_subway_* : Gabriel (gbl08ma)
- 45 degree platforms design : Och_Noe
- gpcf (Linuxforks server)
- imcasper (tss Branch)
- Cato (C&C Servers)
If I forgot someone please punish me for that. Also see the Git commit log.
You can see this mod in action on various minetest servers, including the Linuxforks minetest server.